May 30 - June 2, 2023
Each year, IEC joins the Oklahoma Association of Electric Cooperatives and electric cooperatives from across the state in sponsoring the Youth Power Energy Camp at Camp Canyon near Hinton, Okla. The four-day camp is designed to help eighth-grade students develop leadership skills while having lots of fun and learning about how energy works.
The contest consists of completing a 300-500 word essay on the provided topic. A panel of judges will select the winners, who will head to Camp Canyon that summer. IEC covers all expenses related to the camp, including transportation to and from Camp Canyon.
What happens at Energy Camp?
Energy Camp has something exciting for everyone! Whether you’re the most outgoing individual or maybe a more reserved person, you will have a great time at Energy Camp.
Here are just a few of the fun activities:
- hear from amazing leadership motivational speakers
- participate in various team building group activities
- learn the science behind electricity
- BE A LINEWORKER for the day! Campers will have an opportunity to ride in a bucket truck, climb a pole, watch a live electric safety demo, check out an EV car showcase, interact with a robot … and much more... like swimming!
2023 Essay Topic (300-500 words): "Why is it important for electric cooperatives like Indian Electric to distribute power that is generated from both renewable and non-renewable resources?"
Deadline: Noon on March 3, 2023
Mail entry forms and essays to:
IEC Energy Camp Contest
PO Box 49
Cleveland, OK 74020
For more information about Energy Camp, click here!
The co-op coordinator can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 918-295-9556
Students classified as eighth graders at the following schools or homeschooled in these school districts are eligible to participate in the IEC Youth Power Energy Camp contest. Children of IEC employees and IEC Trustees are eligible to participate in the Youth Power competition since entries are anonymous to judges.
- Cleveland, Pawnee, Woodland, Mannford, Olive, Hominy, Yale, Frontier/Red Rock, Prue, Wynona, Pawhuska, Sand Springs, Shidler, Cushing, Jennings, Drumright, Oilton and Morrison.
- Download Printable Copy of Official Rules and Entry Form (PDF)
- Download Printable Copy of Co-op Questions and Answers (PDF)
- Download Printable Copy of Co-op 101 Study Guide (PDF)